Mothers’ Union Child Contact Centres
The Mothers’ Union (MU) in the Diocese of Winchester supports 3 child contact centres at Alton, Hook and Basingstoke. These are manned by volunteers, who are mostly but not exclusively MU members, who are trained and help out on a regular basis. We operate under the umbrella of the National Association of Child Contact Centres (NACCC) who are currently celebrating their 25th anniversary.
Families and solicitors
The Mothers’ Union supports Child Contact Centres in the north of Hampshire at
- Alton (Methodist Church, Draymans Way, Alton, Hants)
- Hook (Elizabeth Hall, Raven Road, Hook, Hants, RG27 7HH) and
- Basingstoke (United Reformed Church, London Street, Basingstoke, RG22)
All Centres are accredited with the National Association of Child Contact Centres www.naccc.org.uk
Families, Parents and Solicitors seeking to use the Centres should:
Phone 07712 520568 or email NorthHantsCCC@hotmail.com for more information and then complete forms via the central hub at www.naccc-selfrefferals.org.uk – and select Alton or North Hampshire for either Basingstoke or Hook.
Could you help?
The sessions take place every weekend and one or more of the three Centres and volunteers are on a rota. More helpers are always welcome, and needed, as more families access this service, men are very welcome, as the non- resident parents are usually men. Several young people in their early 20s also have volunteered.
You do not have to be a member of the MU but everyone has to be DBS checked, approved by the NACCC and given some training before starting to help.
It is a great joy to see children re-establishing contact with a parent who sometimes has driven 100’s of miles to be there or may not have seen their child/children for over a year.
Would you be interested in volunteering at an existing Centre?
Would you be interested in helping us start a Child Contact Centre in your town?
- Although there are also Centres in Andover, Romsey, Eastleigh, Southampton and Newbury, there is a huge need across the whole Hampshire
- Fundraising is not a huge issue as local funding is often available
- Volunteers will love helping families rebuild working relationships
For more information please contact Caroline Scull on Mob: 07712 520568 or email NorthHantsCCC@hotmail.com